"Frankfurt on Foot Walking Tours" is a small, privately run tour company that began offering tours in 2008 by husband and wife team, David and Jo Ator. We celebrated our 10th anniversary of bringing the best of Frankfurt to all of you on 19 June, and we are excited to be working on 11 years!
* David and Jo are both history buffs from Columbus, Ohio, and as long time residents of Frankfurt, are passionate about showing off their adopted city to everyone who joins their tours. They each have their own unique view of the city, so no matter who you tour with, you will gain some special insights.
We believe the BEST way to see Frankfurt is the green way, walking on foot, going inside the many historic buildings of the city, feeling the history that infuses every stone that we walk over.
Our philosophy is to have each person who joins our tour, wish that their visit to Frankfurt was longer.
All of the "Frankfurt on Foot" tour guides are native English speakers and all of our tours are conducted in English. If you require a tour in a language other than English, we will be happy to send you links to our tour guide colleagues.
* Jo is from Columbus, Ohio. She is a member of the Gästeführer Verein Deutschland, BVGD (Tour Guide Association of Germany)
She is the Point of Contact for the American Kinderfeld at the Frankfurt Main Cemetery and undertook responsibility 8 years ago to care for this special section. This included creating a Facebook page for others to learn about the special grave site of these very small children who were born in Frankfurt to American Military Members.
Jo has participated as a volunteer offering free tours in English on "Day of the Cemetery" at the Frankfurt Main Cemetery 6 years in a row.
She served 8 years in the US Army Reserve as a 94-B.
This year, Jo took part in "Frankfurt Reads A Book" that featured "The 7th Cross" by Anna Seghers. She offered 2 free tours in English that visited locations in Frankfurt that were featured in the book.
On 18 Feb. 2017, she conducted a tour called "1948 - Reforms that Changed a Nation" as part of World Tour Guide Day. The donated money went to a local charity, the Kälte Bus. This is a bus that offers a warm place for the homeless on freezing cold nights.
In Feb. 2016 her tour for World Tour Guide Day was "The Little Green Belt" and the money collected was donated to Melina Cafe', a non-profit that assists refugee women and their children in Frankfurt.
In Feb. 2015, her tour for World Tour Guide Day was "Madern Gerthener, More than Just an Architect" and the donations went to "Winter Meals for the Homeless" in Frankfurt.
* David, is from Columbus, Ohio. He is retired United States Army, and served in Korea, Okinawa and various posts in the US. He is world famous for his dry humor during the tours.
He is a member of the Gästeführer Verein Deutschland, BVGD
* Tour guide Freya, calls California as well as Frankfurt her home. She combines the best of both worlds in her own unique way to give you an outstanding tour. Her Bachelors (working on Masters) degree in Sociology add an extra insight to her tours as well as being a real Frankfurter. Make sure you ask her about Goethe!
* Tour guide Jennifer, also hails from Ohio, but from Hiram and sadly not from Columbus. She has a Masters degree in Humanities and says she is a connoisseur of Podcasts. You are sure to enjoy your tours with her as she has a lovely sense of humor.
* Tour guide Blair, comes from all the way from New Zealand. Splitting his time between showing our guests the best of Frankfurt and working on his Masters degree in Marketing & Commerce, we think you will enjoy his fantastic sense of humor and charming personality. (don't be afraid to ask him about Rugby)
* Frankfurt on Foot is the #1 rated tour in Frankfurt on TripAdvisor with 756 reviews
* Washington Post article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/frankfurt-on-the-fly-a-long-layover-allows-for-a-walking-tour-of-the-german-city/2017/12/21/ff7c2ce8-de9c-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.aaff0b3d1ed3
* Featured on BBC in their article about Layover Tours http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35705764
* Recommended by Rick Steves, in his "Germany Guidebooks 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018"
* Featured online with "In Your Pocket" Frankfurt City Guides.
Phone +49 1520 846 4200 from outside Germany
Phone 01520 846 4200 from inside Germany
** If calling from America, please call between 3am and 12 noon. If calling from Australia, please call between 6pm and midnight.
Impressum / Legal Information
Managing Director - David Ator
Tax # 11 1532 8300 8757 1804
Entity registered under - Jodean and David Ator
Entity location - Erzbergerstrasse 32, 65933 Frankfurt am Main